Skip to main content

{rain, rain}

We've been doing lots of things together as a family this past month.
Jeff is starting to talk more and more. His favorite words are 'Stuck' 'Bus' 'cheese' 'hungry' 'cookie' and more recently 'tinkerbell'. My Aunt gave us these little keychain flashlights from Christmas and Aria and Jeff play with them like crazy. Jeff just loves to see the little circle of light on the wall, my hand, my face, my pants, my eyes. really anywhere and because Aria calls it tinkerbell, so does Jeff. For the longest time I thought he was wanting to sing Jingle Bells. haha.

His favorite things to do though is to help me cook. He comes over and stands by the counter and says 'help me!' which of course means....Let me sit up on the counter, add ingredients to the yummy goodness you're making and then let me snack on it. 
Apparently Jeff's not the only one who likes it... see below. We babysit two other people's kids one night a month so we can get two date nights and this is what happened. They ALL wanted to help.... and snack.... haha.
We went to the park. About half the time we have beautiful weather. I kinda miss Vegas this time of year. The weather is so much better in the winter. It rains probably 4-5 days out of the week here. I've discovered that I really like my sunshine. Jeff's hair gets darker and my skin breaks out more and we spend a lot of time inside.  This was one of the nice days...
Aria's slowly learning how to swing. She makes friends so easily and I adore her easy going personality.
Jeff just likes to eat and eat and eat.
And Aria just keeps getting prettier. She's not really a baby any more. She loves her hair because she thinks she looks like Rapunzel.
Aria's been taking a dance class for most of the year. She loves it and I think she has a really good time.


Miss Tricia is the best.
Aria and Jeff have been doing this nearly every day. Any way to avoid eating at the table. I let them do it.

Mostly cause I think it's cute. And yes, Aria's licking her pb and j sandwich. I just don't ask..

Comments

I love seeing your kids play together so nicely. It makes me long for the day when McKay will be old enough to play with Kennedy. WE sure to do miss you at this time of the year too (every time too). Hope all is going well and keep posting so I can stay updated!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...