Skip to main content

sisters in houston.

 To say that I was excited to see my sister is an understatement! I just love her so much!!! And her cute kids I could just squeeze all day. I'm not gonna lie, she definitely has her hands full but I sure loved getting to know them a little better.
 We did nothing but party the whole time she was here... and it was awesome!! Children's museum was a highlight for the boys. so much to do, so little focus. haha.
 We weren't even going to go to this area, we didn't have a change of clothes or anything, but this was their favorite part. Getting soaked to the bone.
 Chelsea and I crafted.... She really should do it more often, she's really quite talented at such things. I couldn't believe how different ours turned out. So fun.
 Charlotte helped me win in 3 handed pinochle. :)
 And we did lots of playing outside. Jeff was sleeping in Aria's room and she didn't want to ruin her dress, so we let her put on some of Jeff's clothes that he leaves on the floor every.where.he.goes. and they fit! Kinda crazy!
 Did I mention, her kids are cute?
I don't know what you call it when a man is gentle, but he kinda has this motherly instinct. When Charlotte started crying he naturally started bouncing and saying shh... really protectively. He reminds me of my brother Jared.
Nate and I got to go out together to the school's auction. Do we at least kinda look like cowboys? Chelsea was so kind to babysit. We had a great time. Thanks Chels!
We went to Herman Park to ride the train! and to go to the butterfly museum. (as noted in a previous post.
Then Chelsea and I got to go to the RODEO!! We both loved it and we had great seats!

I think she likes it... eh? Girls night!!!
Then we had to take them home. Jeff started crying, I thought because they were leaving, but I think it was because he didn't get to go on the airplane. Instead I told him I'd take his picture in front of the homage to an oil rig airplane. :) I think that was good enough for him.. :)
We are so glad you came to visit! We miss you already.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...