Skip to main content

we are marching.

 One of the most talked about food items at the Houston rodeo is this little booth. I'm on a quest to stay healthy so we didn't try anything, but I started to wonder if they still sold fried twinkies. It's just wrong, I say.
 We talked My Mom into the idea that Houston rodeo was probably different than any other rodeo she had been to. so we went and enjoyed!
Jeff loved the cows and the cars.
 Aria is my adventure maker and she made friends with this cute little girl in line so she could have a partner in the dragon. It was fun to see her finally light up with a friend in mind.
 I'm so glad we went early because it got crrrrrazy. When it got busier we headed over to the kids' section and enjoyed the corn-box.
 My favorite part though was watching Jeff watch the actual rodeo. :) He was into it every step of the way. Concert and everything.
We had so much fun while Grandma was here. We loved just being with her. I hope she can come again and again. :)
Here's one of aria's recent projects at school. She knew so much about him. It was fun to hear her talk about him.
 We often stay after school to play at the playground. True to Jeff's character, He likes to make me hot dogs hambugers and cakes out of wood chips over and over and over. Or he likes to slide and swing on his tummy.
 I sit and talk with my friend Marija. (Mila's Mom)
 And Aria climbs poles and does the monkey bars... over and over and over. :)
 She's good too...

For Easter, Jeff and I went to the story time at Discovery Green to hunt eggs. We had a great time!
Aria's friend, Mila, invited us to come to a nearby toy store where they had animals to pet and hold. They get called each other's name all the time. I can see why... can you? They're best friends.
 Holding the bunny like a baby.

 And Jeff liked the Easter bunny...
On Good Friday, we went to the zoo. Because we live close by now, we can go early and beat the crowd! It was really fun, but I'm glad we left when we did. Traffic was crazy.!!! (The not so great part about downtown.) We found this cool rhino posing spot this time, they thoroughly enjoyed it...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...