Skip to main content

APRIL showers us

So guess, what. April is one of my favorite months. It's the beginning of spring. Flowers are everywhere... And it is kicked off with my wonderful daughter's birthday. And yes... I'm one of those over-achiever moms. Aria loved these and was so excited to take them to school.
 For her birthday party we tried to keep it simple and invite only a few friends and her closest friends. We did ALL of her favorite things. We built marshmallow sculptures..
 She built hers lots of times... :) I think most of hers ended up in her mouth.
 There were some really great creative endeavors there and we couldn't not her two closest friends (both which are boys). So glad that they could embrace the pink for Aria.

 We did a nature scavenger hunt. The boys especially got really into it.
 We had some yummy cake and ice cream.
 We did some youtube dance dance.  Here I think we're doing "what does the fox say?" :)
 One of the best parts of having a birthday is having fun with all the gifts!! :)
Aria played the mother duckling at school in her class play. she memorized her lines and everything and did a fantastic job. She's totally my mother goose. :)
 She memorized her lines and everything and it turned out so cute!
 Jeff's hair got WAY too long. This is right before his trim..
 Little miss Aria is always busy writing stuff...
 For another field trip we went to the butterfly center
 Jeff's favorite part is and was the bumble bees. We also got to meet this fun iguana outside of his cage for once. Jeff is getting braver which I totally adore.
We made wonderful friends this year in preschool. Jeff had so much fun.
Aria lost a tooth! It's pretty fun to watch the before and after videos...
 Aria's last dance rehearsal was this week. She had a lot of fun.
 And she really loved her teacher Miss Candice.
 I loved the creativity that she was allowed to express in this class. She always came out so happy.
 It was also great having wonderful friends there.
 We've had fun with friends at the park every day after school because April was so beautiful.
 Our neighbors got some lady bugs from amazon. We had a hay day.
 Aria, as you can see, was especially in heaven. We found them up our pants for a few days afterwards... :)
 I listened to a lecture on the hyoid bone only about 100 times. I'm the best wife there is... just sayin' :)
 Dr. Minke has really been able to give Nate some wonderful compliments that really make Nate feel like he is something special. We feel really blessed that Nate could work with him. He is an expert in his field and Nate truly cherishes their relationship.
 Don't worry... it's not the whole thing but it's definitely a little peek at his presentation. I couldn't be prouder of him.
 The kids both got scooters for their birthdays so we have been loving our trips to the park now and to the store. Now we just wish that Nate and I had scooters too so we wouldn't have to run so much. :) oh well, I guess it's good exercise.
 Easter this year was absolutely perfect.
 We spent it by ourselves and we really relished in all the fun things that easter has to offer
 Confetti and candy (Thanks Grandma!)
 We spent time as a family
 And discussed the scriptures and thoughts that are associated with Christ's resurrection.
 I bought a new graduation dress and Nate as you know is obsessed with taking pictures of me. :)
 Aria got to go to the symphony with one of her friends and
I thought it would be really fun to do her hair all fancy.
 We started doing date nights with the kids. Especially with daddy since they get very little alone time. Daddy has a way with connecting with them that Momma can't re-create. Don't worry though... he tells me all their secrets. :) Both were so happy to get ice cream cones from mcdonald's yep that's right. Big and expensive dates!! :)
Hope you're having a great spring!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...