Skip to main content

February

I know it's been a long time since I last posted there are a number of reasons. Part of it is that the blogging world has pretty much come to a standstill. Things like Instagram and facebook have definitely outlasted them. I still desire to keep a record of the things that are happening to our family so I will continue to update. But my posts will probably be way less clever and a lot less entertaining. Hopefully my voice will still come through.

One of the best parts about Jeff's preschool group this year was the unique field trips we got to do together. Here is where we went to the 1940s air terminal museum. I loved the feel of the art deco building and Jeff loved the airplanes. Here is a picture of the blueprint for the building.

Standing by one of the lights that would let planes know where to land.
Such a fun group of friends.
Jeff was especially excited by the jets.
It was super windy and cold that day, but this is the best shot I got of them out in front of the museum.
Trying out a pilot's simulator
Getting to be out on the tarmac at Hobby airport inside a helicopter.
We got to see a few planes take off. It was so fun!
Inside the hangar, they were working on a few planes. It was fun to get to see them up close too.
Jeff was in heaven in case you can't tell by his pilot jacket.
February is also the month of Jeff's birthday. I'll be filling out his stats a bit late, but it's good to know it's in the near vicinity... :)
For his party we did a super-hero theme. We used silly string (spidey webs) to get the bad guy.
Jeff loved helping Dad draw it and make it perfect. We colored pictures of spider man and super girl.
Had some yummy super snacks.
This was the biggest hit.
We played red light green light with our capes.
These were their favors.
Jeff's laugh in this one makes it all worth it.

Jefferson:
He is hilarious. He reminds me more and more every day of my brother Devin. He has the most amazing hair. My fingers are constantly running through it. He is so sweet. He is always willing to be my little helper. He's obsessed with motivation by treats. He often prefaces any eating of a vegetable by saying "If I eat 3 carrots then I can have treat?"
He has an infectious smile. He's a total ham. He totally thrives most when people laugh at him. He loves it especially when kids laugh at him.
He is still very positive when he tries something new and even laughs when he messes up because he thinks it's funny.
He has to get out "his OWN" scriptures every night for scripture study.
He is always moving. ALWAYS
He loves to touch Nate's face when he's getting his teeth brushed. if not his hands, then at least his feet. Daddy hates it.
Loves to help Daddy out with the trash. He carries his own small bag. He'll try multiple times to get it in the dumpster but he doesn't want any help. He talks the whole way there and he talks all the way back. about anything.

On Valentine's day I tried to do someething special in Aria's lunch... she said it was crunchy.. :)
I got to go to school and help with the party. She's totally my special girl.
And we HAD to dress up for go TEXANS day.. Any excuse to wear those boots is a good excuse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...