Skip to main content

I have a confession

There are many things I don't do that I should, for example:
  •  I don't shower every day... don't ask me why... I blame it on my hair. Sometimes I need it, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I just don't want to.
  • I don't wash my face.  The lovely pink infestations come whether I wash my face or not.
  • When it comes to my children.... I don't do Aria's hair every day. Sometimes she looks like a ragmuffin. At least she enjoys life, eh?
  • I let her choose her shoes and hat (if desired) every day. Even if that means snow boots and beanies to the swimming pool.
  • I don't put my kids in pajamas.....ever. (except Christmas Eve.)
  • I bathe my kids.... maybe once a week.... sometimes twice. It doesn't mean that I love them less.
  • I don't get dressed most days. I spend most days in my work-out clothes... but at least I work-out... right?
So I made a resolution to change at least two of these things. I attempt to put them in pajamas and I try to give them baths 2-3 times a week instead of once. I know... but just one step at a time.

In my attempt to accomplish these goals I took Aria to the store to buy some pajamas. She had options of butterflies, flowers, tinkerbell, princesses, mickey mouse, minnie mouse, lightning mcqueen and guess what she picked....

Photobucket

That's right, BUZZ lightyear, and I just wanted to document the fact that look... they are BOTH bathed and in their pajamas. Aria LOVES these pajamas.

Photobucket

On a really proud mama note: Aria started preschool. She LOVES it.  I can't believe my little girl is all grown up.... and saving China. :)

Photobucket

That's all. In honor of my brother.... ciao for now.

Comments

Jasmine said…
Alexis totally has Buzz PJs, too! She absolutely loves them! I think her obsession with Buzz is cute. :)

They both look super cute in their new PJs!
You are funny. I have a confession too. I usually stay in my workout clothes every day. Sleep in them. Then change into a new shirt before we go out again. That way I at least change shirts right??
Erin said…
Love the confessions! Love the first day of school pics and the look on her face!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...