Skip to main content

moments like this are few and far between... except in August

My baby girl. There's nothing more precious to me than those sleeping eyes and a little deep breathing. This happened when I was reading a book to her. She fell asleep. I silently left her sleeping. Hallelujah! Because I was about to have a heart attack due to her grumpiness. Then I turn around and see this. I melt and thank Heavenly Father for this special moment. The first time in a year that she's actually fallen asleep in my arms. I don't always treasure every moment, but this picture helps remind me why I should. She's getting too old, way too fast.
Photobucket
Jefferson is Mr. smiley.... unless it's a Sunday. Don't ask me how he knows... he just does. Aunt Chelsea and Uncle Tyler came to visit for a few days. They babysat while Mom went to the dentist, they went to the Lion King and let us take them out for cafe rio. Tyler's converting Jefferson early. Red Sox fan from the get-go. I do have to say that I think he looks pretty darn cute in the hat. And thanks to them, Mom has a mouth now fit to be the wife of a dentist. Well kinda... at least it looks like it anyway. Aria adores these two.
Photobucket
For playgroup we went to Petco for a tour. This was one of the many things we could touch at Petco. No dogs or cats though... weird? I felt like I wanted about a gallon of hand sanitizer after this. Aria loved every minute.
Photobucket
Nate and I have been making an effort to do everything we can afford to before we leave Las Vegas. One of which was a family hike on Mt. Charleston. It was SO beautiful. I'd been there before but I didn't realize how awesome it is. You drive up through this disgustingly ugly desert and then you hit this huge wave of pine trees. About 25 degrees cooler it makes for an excellent escape. 

This: is why I call him my MAN. In my defense, I did offer to take one of them. at the end this was the beautiful waterfall. Aria LOVED splashing in it.

Why is it that we have to tickle Aria to get her to smile for the camera? We had so much fun together. We even had a picnic under the trees when we were done. LOVE the smell of pine.

I asked Aria to pose for a picture and she yelled NO!!! I'm praying.... okay...?   

Note to self: don't mess with a person who's praying.
Photobucket

I hope we get to go again. More to come! We had an AWESOME!!! August. Thanks for being patient!

Comments

Unknown said…
You updated! How fun! Your kids are so stinkin cute. I hope my kids turn out as cute as yours have. We miss seeing you guys.

So 1st...I KNOW! I think it is so weird Allison is 16. Mind boggling.

2nd...I'm still unsure of how I feel about Mockingjay. It was good. I enjoyed reading it. I liked that it was so realistic at the end and didn't have some 'happily ever after' fairytale ending. I think I like Hunger Games best out of the series though. And as for favorites from the book list... I really enjoy Mitch Albom as an author; all of his books are good. I really like Laurie Halse Anderson as well. Her book 'Speak' is one that every teenager should read. And I also really liked 'A Town Like Alice' by Nevil Shute. My friend stumbled upon it in the library. It's unique and well written. I liked it a lot.

And 3rd...I've actually met your BIL in one of my classes! I remembered him from the pics on your blog, and well, he just kind of looks like a Pettit. We're actually the same year in school. I got behind a year when I switched majors so we'll actually be graduating at the same time. So you guys should come! :)

Keep having lots of fun! Hope we can see you soon. Love you too.
Jessica said…
You have an adorable family! Thanks for allowing me to see your blog!
Hey girl!

Miss you too! We need to catch up! Aria and Jefferson are adorable! You take such cute pics of them!
Raquel said…
Those are such a cute pictures. I totally want to do that hike now, what a fun little family activity!
Rae said…
Beautiful pics. Kids are gorgeous. Love this post! My favorite is the praying part. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...