Skip to main content

museums, kites, campfires and cheese

We started our trip by visiting two Museums in Portland. The children's museum was very similar to the one we go to in St. George. They had this little band come in and play music. Jefferson ADORED it. We were in there for 45 minutes and this was the view I had. Then we went to OMSI (for the non-locals... it's pronounced AHM-zee)  Don't even think about spelling it out. :) This was really fascinating. They had a whole exhibit on the progression of a child in the womb. and had miscarried babies that were plasticized. SO amazing! And of course this dinosaur was awesome. They have a whole room just for kids that's AMAZING! It's also right off the river, so the views out the window are really beautiful. Portland is a beautiful city!
Photobucket
Sunday we spent most of our time trying to get this kite up. :) It was sure fun though.
Photobucket
Jeff would giggle every time the waves would hit the beach. He LOVED it.
Photobucket
We couldn't leave without having a campfire. Sorry about the picture Will. It's the only one I had of your family and I HAD to document that you were there. We had a great time. And yes, we're still trying to get that kite up. Note: We did eventually get it up when I didn't have my camera around. Trey and Nate made it Super Super Super long. Probably a quarter of a mile? It was crazy!
Photobucket
The lighthouses we saw were so cool. This is a shorter one. People used to be able to go up in this one but now (due to vandalism) Thank you really awesome people who take guns and shoot through really expensive glass. People aren't allowed up in it anymore. It was really fun to hike down to it though.
Photobucket
and of course we couldn't visit Oregon without getting some REALLY delicious ice cream and watching them process and package cheese.
Photobucket
Getting the energy out right before we head into the factory.
Photobucket
We had a fabulous time! More to come.

Comments

I cant believe how much hair aria had as a baby too! Such a cute blog!!
Kimbo said…
Love all these pictures. What a fun trip. Mike and I need to go there. I've only been once but Oregon is so pretty! Glad you guys are having a super fun summer!
Fun, Fun! We went to Portland a few weeks ago, but didn't make it to the Tillamook factory which I heard is really fun. We went to the Zoo which was awesome. I remember going to OMZI when I lived there, I forgot about it, I will have to take the girls there next time. Call me soon, we need to catch up!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...