Skip to main content

The next .5 days

So this turns out to be the only entire group photo from the trip. Thank you nice man who offered to take our photo. After the museum visit we were on a strict schedule. We had no more than 3 hours at 'myrtle beach'. I don't think we actually made it to myrtle beach, but this was beautiful, had bathrooms and showers and way fewer people. We had a great time just hanging out. And I learned that you need a lot less than you think you need at the beach.
 We had no towels. No chairs. No umbrellas. Just us, the sand and the sea. Jeff had a fantastic bonding moment with his grandma.

Jeff's afraid of the beach.

More than once I found him screaming at me 30 yards from the water. running the other direction telling me that the water was going to 'get me'! Let's just say a few major temper tantrums evolved over the course of the afternoon. I'll figure this kid out eventually. But for now I'll just smile at his cuteness. Had to be touching me. the. whole. freaking. time.

 This girl though. I think she'd go surfing, if I'd let her. She has a calming effect on our family. I love this of her. She's such a happy girl. I love the sky and the waves here. Even though this is only an iphone shot. She had so much fun.
 That evening my Mom watched Jeff and the younger two, while the rest of us went to a concert!
 It was some crazy concert that my dad looked up. Hits from the 60s, 70s and 80s. But it was clean and fun. and I love me some good music. Seriously. I knew most of them. I know Nate wouldn't have. :)
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...