Skip to main content

the remaining days with the radmalls

 We began our visit to Greenville in this absolutely beautiful down town shopping center and park with an amazing waterfall and a floating suspension bridge. Seemed kind of surreal to be walking out onto nothing.

 The kids loved it there.
 Devin enjoyed how this hat kept the sun out of his face, just like a sun hat should.
 The amazing waterfall was 'brown'. Jared said it was clear when he came.
 If we had planned a little better, we wouldn't have this lovely face to look at. Long story, but we went on about a mile long walk. He walked the whole way there. When we turned to come back he said he wanted to walk, not ride. but as soon as he found out Aria could ride, he wanted to ride... SO BAD! He threw a major tantrum, so I left him on the walk way and told him he had to walk and if he acted like a nice boy, that maybe he could trade with Aria, halfway back. You see, I have this policy where when I say I won't carry you, that means I won't carry you. More tears, then he started acting nice and sheepish. When it finally became his turn to ride in the stroller, he had this face on that melted me. It's hard to not feel for him when you know he really wants to ride in the stroller, but he doesn't want to give in to his Momma. stubborn guy. :)
 We spent most of Sunday visiting families involved with Jared on his mission. Here we are eating lunch after church. Here's a little video to show Jeff's internal rhythm.
This is our family's inside joke. We use it ALL the time.
Apparently, you can turn anything into an acronym.
While in the Greenville/Spartanburg area, we couldn't help but visit this car factory/museum. It was fun to see the history of the engines, cars and motorbikes.
This was Jeff's favorite. He wanted a picture by EVERYTHING.
He reminds me in so many ways of his Uncle Devin. This is just one of the many. Their love of things that go. :) This was my favorite little car.
We had a wonderful time at the baseball game (minor league) for the team that feeds into the red sox. The kids loved it... mostly because it was 'kids eat free' night and they had a play ground on site. Aria made a little friend.
And they did cartwheels over and over again! Luckily I could still watch the game while they were having all this fun. I love how aria can make friends so easily.
Most of the time spent in Columbia was spent visiting Jared's mission president, going to a 4 hour transfer meeting. Sleeping in.. .thank heavens.
swimming... note how the boys like to copy their mothers.
and going to the temple. So fun to be there with my family. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd never felt so advanced in my knowledge of how things work at the temple. My new SIL made the whole process look easy compared to everyone else there. I was shocked. Pretty amazing and fun though.


This was the last thing on our trip. I loved every tiring second of this amazing vacation. Thanks Mom and Dad. I loved it! We had a little longer adventure on our trip.... more to come, but with a slightly different crowd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...