Skip to main content

Nellis Air Force Base

Nate and I had never been to see an air show. We LOVED it! So exciting and a lot of fun! Here we are walking in, we actually got to walk through this airplane. Not very cool on the inside, but HUGE!!

This B-17 was SOOO Cool. Came to a complete stop in no time, it all of a sudden decided to stop and land and then go backwards. Apparently it's one of the only planes that can taxi backwards to make for easier deposit of cargo. Super quiet too!

There was a man giving out balloons for free. Katelin and Aria truly enjoyed eating... yes eating them.

We intended to only stay for the 1st 3 hours but we REALLY wanted to see the Thunderbirds so we decided to wait. It was well worth it. They did this thing where they played chicken. You can hear them count it off. CRAZY!!!! truly amazing! If you get the chance to, go! It was totally free minus the cost of food.

Comments

Kimbo said…
Mike would be very proud!!! I'm glad you guys had fun. This is our life and we love it. It's very exciting to go to those air shows. Truly amazing what those planes and pilots can do.
AFBear said…
I'm glad you guys had fun! I love the Air Force! Air Power! Maybe you'll be able to come and see me flying in one of those air shows some day, eh? ;)
Refugee Crafter said…
When my family lived in Colorado Springs, the Thunderbirds would fly over our house before the Air Force Academy football games. I've never seen them play chicken though. That's crazy!
Hey is Paige Anderson Christensen from high school. You have such a cute little girl. She looks so much like you! I'm going to add you if you don't mind. You have such a cute family!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...