Skip to main content

"Houston, the eagle has landed... "

 Our kids finally made it! We got all put together before they got here so that when Grandpa, Grandma and Devin came with these darling ones, we were able to do some fun things together. The 2nd day we spent primarily touring down-town... going up in the tall buildings. It was pretty fun to be able to see for miles and miles. But the majority of our 1st day was spent here: Can you guess?
 Here she is standing in what would be a cock-pit of a shuttle. Behind her you can see some of the dehydrated food. Below we're standing next to one of the engines.
 One of the things my kids liked the most was being able to ride in this little trolley thing. To tour the sites at NASA. One of the highlights on the trip was being able to see the prize winning long horn cattle that lived on the property - worth approximately $500,000. He must have some pretty good posterity.
 On the train. I think she loved it.
 When we saw Jeff he was cruising. He loves to walk EVERYWHERE now. I'll have to do an update on my kids soon. Nate's looking at the stuff they're currently working on. The training facilities and the life-size replica of the space station. It's pretty cool. Then you probably recognize the Mission Control room. It's pretty old school.
 In order to make the space center more than it is. They've brought in some arcade games and other activities that are really awesome.... like a rock climbing wall. Nate loves to climb.
Everyone said that it rains here all the time. Well we've only had one thunderstorm and this was it. They all went outside to watch the lightning but then it started to rain. So they moved to the garage. It rains HUGE drops out here. So fun to have a real thunderstorm. A storm like that would have FLOODED and I mean flooded Vegas. Jeff would not let Nate touch his chair. He thinks he can sit there ALL by himself. He's becoming very independent lately.
Well greetings from Houston everybody! We love this time we're getting to have Together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...