Skip to main content

Jefferson


Age: 16 months
Nicknames: Buddy boy, Jeff Jeff, Heffer, Mr. Jeff
Words: Mommy, Daddy, Aria, Jesus, Hi, Hello, Thank you, More, Uh?, Uh-oh, Hold me, What's that?
Favorite books:
Favorite Activities:
Eating
Opening and Closing doors
Throwing balls
Throwing things in general
Putting coins into the cash register
Talking on the phone (or remote control or anything that's close to the general shape of a telephone)
Helping Mom in the kitchen
Chasing Aria

Favorite things about you:
I love the way you fold your arms for prayer by putting your hands on your chest ( no crossing arms involved).
I love the way you think we're supposed to act during family prayer by smashing your face into the ottoman. After prayers we always kiss and you always start that process way before we finish the prayer. You're really good at making the pucker face. Almost like a fish.
I love the way you throw things off the side of the table when you're finished eating.
I love the way you like to be with me, wherever I am, there you are.
I love the way you say thank you.
I love the way you squish your lips up against your nostrils so that it's hard for you to breathe.
I love how you have this internal rhythm. You're always nodding your head to something or shaking your booty.
I love that you like to do things yourself. Eating with a fork and plate. You've started sitting up to the table now on a booster chair. You also like to play the piano by yourself, sure to push dad's hands away if he wants to play along.

Favorite foods:
Macaroni and Cheese, strawberries, watermelon, cheese and crackers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, grapes, granola bars, marshmallow mateys, frosted shredded mini-wheats, apple jacks, MILK, pizza, spaghetti, beans, burritos, and mostly you just like to eat A LOT.

You've started walking now. You HATE the swimming pool, but you LOVE bath time. Your expressions are unforgettable. I love you so much. You're the best boy a Momma could ask for.

Comments

KaraCampbell said…
This is too funny! He and Coop are on the same page. Moo Baa La La La is Cooper's fav too as well as most off those food items! The only difference? Jeff is a genius with using words! Coop still only says mama dadda uh-oh and ball.
Rae said…
I love how you do this about your kids. What a precious post and memory. :)

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...