Skip to main content

whirlwind.... or should I say.... hurricane....

Since I last left off... this happened. Seriously ... in the 5 minutes home from the bank... where they give you these lovely little lollipops. This is what happened. Aria's getting to the stage where she can get herself in and out of the car pretty easily now so due to her tantrum and whining, I had let her get out of the car by herself this time. I took Jeff upstairs and was busy putting things away when I realized I hadn't seen Aria yet. Now that isn't entirely unusual because sometimes she comes in and hides. or takes a rest on the couch. So in my quest to find her... I realized the car light was still on... I go out and... voila. Someone was indeed tired. My suspicions WERE correct. :)
The 2nd weekend in May I put together a little shower for my dear friend. I think it turned out pretty cute and we had a huge showing of her friends. fyi this little guy was born just this last week. He's pretty darling.
The wednesday before graduation... We went to a special Gala entitled 'the final impression' It was at the Red Rock Casino and was so much fun! It was fun to get dressed up and to see all of our friends one last time. We had a wonderful time eating and dancing. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute. It was well worth the wait. Nate got awarded with the Whip Mix Prosthodontic award. I think he's pretty special and apparently so do they because they're giving him a free articulator. (It mimics the movement of the jaw to make it easier to form dentures.) It'll definitely come in handy. :)
This is Nate with his team leader Dr. Ingel and a good friend Hooman
And here's a bunch of his good friends from school. L to R ( Josh Gailey, John Ferrin , Adam Bunker, N8, Jason Hatch)
and the whole reason we are celebrating EVERY DAY!!!

Nate's a DOCTOR!!! Watch the video... it's awesome.

I started making this a few days beforehand for him. I think he really like it. :)
Aria thought it was so cool to see her Daddy in the program.
I can't believe we did it! I thought this day would never come. He worked so hard and put in so many hours. He got everything out of Dental School that he could.
He graduated Summa cum Laude and I am so proud of him. Aria's REALLY proud of him. Possibly my favorite shot of the evening.
Greeting him after it's over...
We had so much support for these 4 long years. We wouldn't have been able to do it without everyone of these people. (Dev, Gpa S., Trey, Jeff,  Julie, N8, me, Aria, Gma Sherma, Gpa R., LaRae, Steve) I sincerely love all of them. THANK YOU!!!
OH... so happy.
These are our BEST friends. We LOVE them. Aria only wishes that there was a Katelyn Hatch in Texas. And I wish that her Mommy was there too. It was the best adventure we've ever been on.
Purple is the dental color... red and silver are the official colors of UNLV
The next day we went to the UNLV graduation it was long and unprofessional.. but that's where they put his hood on him. He looked mighty handsome.
There's definitely more to come on this transition chapter of our book. But until I get those ready... we're getting ready for the hurricanes in Texas... So far.. we love it! Will post pictures soon! Thank you all for your support. Good bye Las Vegas. We will miss you.

Comments

Oh man looking at those pictures makes me long for the days of graduation. So happy for the both of you. Also you look super cute that day and we miss you guys terribly already "(
Tiffany Webber said…
Congrats on graduating!! I'm sad I didn't get to see you before you moved!! :( Wishing you the best of luck in Texas!!

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...