Skip to main content

uproot. transplant. dig in. fresh start. new place. ... moved.

although we begrudgingly miss our friends and family. We are very HAPPY here! We are so excited for this new adventure and all that it brings. A few memories from this move....

This will be kind of journally... just for my purposes.
Due to our moving and not knowing how long it would take me to find another pediatrician, we took the kids in for the well-checkups on the Thursday before we moved. After our stinker... ,Jefferson, spent most of the time screaming at the doctor's office, the doctor told us that we needed a picture of his brains.
We said... 'like MRI?'
He said 'yeah... I'll call in and they'll call you about when a good time to come in is.'
I say.... 'We're moving'
He says 'When'
I say 'next Tuesday...'
He says 'oooh... don't know if he can get in by then.'
He says 'Where?'
I say 'Texas'....
He says 'I don't think I can get you a referral there'...
I say 'Probably not.'
He says 'we'll get this off as fast as possible.'
I say (a little bewildered) ' uh...Thanks.'

I think it's definitely true sometimes that when it rains it pours. I don't think I'd felt more overwhelmed in all my life. So many things to do... and SO little time. And these weren't just school exams or dating experiences... but REAL life. I had in the next few days to clean my house... top to bottom... pack up and MOVE, take my kids to see their Grandma, a piano recital, a few small parties to attend, and now this. Not only that, but Uncle Charlie was coming to town.

That following Tuesday... they got us in, which was a big relief financially.... but a big stress. All morning we spent getting the truck, cleaning the carpet and keeping my fasting (yes I said fasting) and no nap allowed baby happy until 2PM. Nate started loading up the truck and I took Jeff in for his MRI. I think Heavenly Father knew how badly I needed him to be happy. He had never been a more cheerful baby than at that office. We spent about 45 minutes just walking around and playing in the waiting room. Then we got taken back to a room especially for children with blocks and trucks. He played, I signed away my life and then they drugged him and I rocked him to sleep while the drugs took effect... in a bright YELLOW rocker, no less. After about half an hour he was like dead weight in my arms. This has never happened to me with Jeff... he's one of the lightest sleepers in the world.... Aria, yes... Jefferson, No. I took him and laid him down in the huge machine. It took about 20 minutes. I got to sit in the room with him as long as I stayed in my chair... (I felt a little like I was in elementary school again. :)) He woke up right away... Hungry as a pig and of course I didn't have any food on me. :( besides chocolate... I took the chocolate because I thought he deserved a nice treat. He was kind of drowsy the rest of the day. It was certainly a tender mercy.

I get home take Jeff upstairs to nap because he was TI-red. I get back down to the garage... the truck is full and half my house is still sitting in my garage. I'm about to have a major meltdown inside. I want to start taking all the stuff out and deciding again what should stay or what should go. I was so mad. Nate was NOT and I repeat NOT going to do that. Don't get me wrong.... Nate's EXTREMELY compliant when I think something is really important. But this time we did NOT agree. It's been a LONG time since we had any sort of disagreement like this. I couldn't believe I was having such a heart attack over stuff. Part of it was probably Uncle Charlie, but part of it was just stressful. This is what the truck ended up looking like..... It's pretty entertaining to think about now.

We had a couple uneventful days driving to our home in Texas. We were able to relax and enjoy the scenery. We stopped in a place in New Mexico to eat.. and I said to Nate...  this looks like a nice sized town. We should look into living here, maybe.... We walk inside wal-mart to get a drink and I have never felt SO much like a minority. We were the odd white ducks in a sea of brown. Wow. It's just so unusual for us. We changed our minds pretty quickly on that one. :)
We stopped to sleep in Albuquerque (still not entirely sure how to spell it.) and we also stopped in a town just south of Fort Worth/Dallas. We really had a nice relaxing drive.

Making sure nothing falls out while we open it.

Good old Bessie... packed to the BRIM... keep in mind we couldn't open the door while it was on the Dolly. Nate climbed in and out of the driver's seat through the window.
And look... we fit the lovesac in the trunk. One of our best times together as husband and wife was trying to stuff that thing in there.
And here's the picture of our house! we don't share walls with anybody....
kitchen/dining
family room

kids bedroom
office/toy room
master bedroom
back yard
view of our house from the back yard.
It's so cute! We love it.

and in case you were wondering... Jeff's normal.... I guess he just has humongous brains. Props to him, right?

Comments

Aubs, your house is adorable! So happy for you guys for your new adventure! We need to talk and catch up! Glad Jeff is ok, I would have had a meltdown too!
Love the new house :) Love that you have grass. So happy for you guys and glad that everything went well. Cant wait to hear how things go once he get started. Best of luck
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I'm glad you guys got there safe and I am glad Jeff is ok!! Your house looks great and I love the backyard! Good luck on everything! I'm glad we have blogs so we can keep each other updated!
KaraCampbell said…
First, I'm so glad Jeff is OK. I can only imagine how stressed and rotten I would be in that situation! I'm sure I would have more than one melt down!

Second, your house! I love it! So homey already, congrats! I'm so jealous of your toy room. Toys are taking over my entire house!
Raquel said…
So happy to hear everything went well. I love that you documented it! Your house is super cute, how nice that you get to have a backyard! I'm glad we can keep posted with your blog.

Popular posts from this blog

brian head, service projects, devin's home #welovesummer

We love our pools. Especially with friends. Here we are trying to convince Nate he can do a front flip. He still doesn't believe me.  #thiswasthebestone   #jeffjustwentupanddidit   #overandover   #unafraid   #doesntcarewhatpeoplethink   #wishididnt  # summerlovin Independence day kickball. I made it home once but I also fell on my backside trying to kick it once.  #facepalm   #soembarrassing   #happy4th   #wealsowatchedbeautyandthebeast   #playedgames   #plantedflowers   #fireworks   #rootbeerfloats   #happybirthdayamerica   #americathebeautifu l   #thisishisglorywalk "Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty." -John F. Kennedy//  #degas   #mfah   #letfreedomring #wereallinthistogether   #becausebeauty ...

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

natural wonders and disasters

"I've never been so alone, alone, and I've, and I've never been so alive. So alive." - Motorcycle Drive-by - Third Eye Blind //How we feel. All the time. Glad we could share a little piece of our hearts today with the senior center. They all knew "You Are My Sunshine" which made my heart Happy.  #music   #thismanandhisguitar #wooshearts   #lovehim   #evieproject #evielaree  one of the residents told us to look up a video on YouTube about Amazing Grace. He thought we would like it.  #forreal   #howcouldheknow #n8lovesthirdeyeblind   #ilovehimforit   Also my friend intends to "adopt a grandma here". What a great idea. I can't wait to find out how it goes.  #opa Jeff thinks it's fun to get up with the sun. Apparently it's starting to wear on him because this is what I woke up to this morning.  #goodmorning   #goodmorning   #asleepagainalready   #itsgreattostayoutlate We signed up to help at the Houston food Ban...