Skip to main content

giddy-up

We started out one of our days at toys r us. I don't feel too bad about it usually, because my kids aren't used to getting anything and we usually walk away with nothing. But with Grandma around, the kids aren't really sure what to do with themselves. Window shopping can be fun, but taking it home is even more fun. My favorite part was when they stopped in the book section and just started reading to each other. They will be best friends for a long time.

We spent one whole day at the rodeo. Aria's highlight was that she got to ride a REAL pony! She migrated to this weird half smile that I think she's seen other people do, we've since convinced her that she can really smile for pictures.

 I love this one on the left because she's waving at me from a distance. I was with Jeff in the little kid farm.
 I have to say this was Jeff's highlight of the day. The other day I lost him at the zoo.. probably one of the most heartwrenching 5 minutes of my life and I found him hanging out by one of these. Yep... hand sanitizer. over and over and over again. then I might people watch again.... then I'll get more hand sanitizer. haha.
 Jeff and a cow.
 Jeff on a ferris wheel. he WOULD NOT get on a horse, but I think he's pretty happy about his situation.
 We waited a half hour to ride these pink elephants. I still can't believe how busy it was. We will never go again during spring break.
 Jeff  is my little chicken. Notice the death grip on Daddy's neck in every picture? You can even see it in Daddy's expression in the last one.
 Aria's got a sincere motherly instinct. She loved feeding, holding, petting, brushing, anything.
 This didn't even scare her away, I'm pretty sure the goat would have eaten her, had I not stepped in soon after.
 Looking at the chickens. This is how Jeff prefers the rodeo, with wire or glass in between.
 I just loved this picture of her with her new hat from our friend Az. Perfect for a princess at a rodeo.
 For the actual rodeo, we saw tons of fascinating events. I haven't been that often, but it's sure entertaining. After they had a concert by the Band Perry. It was pretty awesome! This place is huge! We'll definitely be doing the concert next year. It was really fun.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...