Skip to main content

how to throw a princess party

My princess officially turned 5. We couldn't help but celebrate in style.We started the weekend by cutting her hair... :) She requested it... she was getting afraid that 'I might pee on it." (excuse her french) I have to admit that it might have been getting close. We think she looks about 100 years older. Still so beautiful.
 We debated what to do for her birthday for a long time. 5 seems like a big year. The 1st year you start school... a multiple of 5. We just love celebrating around here too, so it made sense to throw her a party. But Nate didn't have time off, our Saturdays were somewhat crazy so we had to opt for a weekday. For family night we had a little get together as a family on her real birthday. We got Little Caesar's Pizza, (which was pretty much the biggest hit, we rarely order out pizza.) and went to the park for a picnic. We flew kites played and just got to be together. We loved it all.
 Every time we drive by now we have to talk about how we got pizza there. Even Jeff brings it up.
 I love how Aria has her arms up high in every shot, as if by putting her arms up, it will help the kite fly. It was perfect kite flying weather.
 Jeff loves to climb.
 and he was more interested in exploring than in flying kites.
 However I have to say that on one particular occasion the kite came swooping down as it does sometimes when the wind is too strong and nearly nailed him in the head. missed him by inches. seriously.

 For her friends party we decided to do all girls so that we could totally maximize the princess party. I love all of her girlfriends and we were so glad that they all could come. It couldn't have been better.
This was made out of paper and lace, just sewed together, and Aria and Jeff both loved helping me make the garland behind the photo booth area for the party. I think Jeff might be the next Project Runway star.
Everybody got one picture in the photo booth. Except Jeff... I think he got 4 or 5. He just had to be part of the action all the time.
 
 It was about at this point where he started saying chair! Chair! over and over trying to get in on the action. Unfortunately I had a chair, but no space at the table. He wasn't interested in a chair that wasn't at the table. Poor guy.
Step 1: Have the guests come in, sign the guest list and make their way on in to start coloring their crowns. Made by the hubby. Some of them were very creative with their colors and some didn't want to color at all. It's so fun to see their little budding personalities just start to blossom.
Step 2: Play pin the crown on the princess.
This was Aria's choice. Nate's art. (On a side note did you know that he wanted to be an illustrator for Disney when he was a kid.) They even wrote the company to find out what they needed to do to get a foot in the door. It's nice having him around when there's kids around. Everyone is in awe when he starts drawing and talking like Mickey Mouse. :)
prize: Crowns, made like this (I just used old lace from my Grandma's stash)

Step 3: Read Princess and the Pea. I checked out about 6 different copies from the library and then picked the one I liked best. Then we used pillows and a key lime to find out who the real princesses were. They had to guess which pillow the lime was under. They loved this game. As you can see in their faces. 
Prize: fashion rings.
Step 4:Next we decided to be like Jasmine and go sifting through sand to find the jewels. They each picked one out of the sand and then we made a necklace out of them. They got to string pony beads onto their necklaces. 
 Then we tied our necklaces on and it turned into a dance party. 
Step 4: I turned on princess pandora station and they danced the night away. However when I said midnight. They all had to freeze. I didn't make anyone sit out, because what's the fun in that?
This video will just make your day. You can watch it over and over and never get bored.

Step 5: As you saw in the video cake and ice cream!!! Singing is also a must

Step 6: Open presents. Girls got a bracelet when they gave her a present. 

Step 7: Photobooth time.


I think it's so awesome! haha.
 And of course I couldn't miss out on my opportunity to get dressed up. :)
I think they had a wonderful time!!!
Step 8: Send them home with their very own magic butterfly fairy wand so that they can turn themselves back into a princess any old time they want. Or they can just eat a cookie too. :)
 I think it was a huge success. We love you Aria!

Comments

Leslee said…
The party looks so fun! You did an awesome job, I am sure Aria loved it! I will have to remember some of your ideas for future princess parties:)
Karen S. said…
Thanks for the step by step instructions because now Charlotte wants a Princess Party too. I love the picture of Charlotte sitting so lady-like *sigh*.
You did a great job! Looks fun!
Sarah said…
Aubrey! What a delightfully enjoyable blog post. I was smiling from ear to ear and giggling the entire read. Ha! Nice job. Even more, what a precious memory for Aria. I still remember the amazing birthday parties my mother planned for me (red carpets and thrones - all the bells and whistles). How fun! Nicely done, Sistah! Nicely done! Whoot, whoot!

P.S. I love the picture of Princess Lucy! Ha! Is she a Spackman?

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...