Skip to main content

miss aria

 I would be a very ungrateful mother if I didn't share some things about my beautiful 5 year old. That's right. 5. Weird, right? I can't believe how fast time has flown by. Sometimes it feels like I blinked and I missed it.

She's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. She got her hair cut recently. (p.s. notice the heart bokeh... courtesy of Valentine's Day... done in/on camera for those of you who are curious.)


She loves making paper bracelets, necklaces and crowns. She writes notes for people constantly. Valentine's day was definitely her cup of tea.... a holiday where you write notes to EVERYONE you love? Awesome!

She is an expert cutter and paster. She loves to color and has all sorts of creative ideas. At Christmas time she made her own version of 'Where's Waldo?' Where we had to look for Mary's missing shoe somewhere else in the picture. She's made a magazine collage into a cowboy boot.

She'll play pretty much anything. She loves playing with babies and dolls. She loves making tea parties. She loves playing with legos and she loves playing any sort of game. Candyland and Hullabaloo are probably her favorites.

She's much more confident on her bike with training wheels now and she likes to ride beside me while I go running. She still hates water on her eyes, but she pretty much loves trying anything not associated with water that's new. We went to the rodeo a few weeks ago and she wanted to try everything, including the super slide... all by herself. She's a lot braver than her brother.

She's started sporadic piano lessons. Momma's not pushin her yet, but she will... :)

She has a strong mothering instinct. She loves playing babies, or dolls. She even mothers animals as shown in the rodeo post.  (She's a little bit bossy sometimes, but we're working on that.) She loves being Jeff's second Mother. They are so affectionate it just makes me happy.

She can read nearly whole verses of scripture. She has pretty much all the books we own memorized. She still loves to read. She planted a flower in her class and is watching it intently waiting for it to come up outside.

The things she says are really cute. I miss her now that she's gone for half a day. She talks really clearly for someone her age and I really appreciate it. Her exciting new treat for the year is that now she can finally play with Daddy's ipad again. (She lost the privilege when she dropped it and broke the screen.)


 We celebrated 5 in style with a deluxe Princess Birthday Party. She's the best princess I've ever met. I hope she never turns into a toad or a stepsister. I always want her to be the best she can be and so far, I think she's top notch.

Happy Birthday Aria!


Comments

Rob said…
They need a "like" button. Because... I liked this... And that would be more convenient than writing a comment.
Anonymous said…
your children are beautiful, as they always have been, your photographic talents are a blessing I wish you could share with me! I miss you and I very much enjoyed reading this, your princess is a real life doll. love and miss you all, Teresa xo

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...