Skip to main content

"going to the zoo" - by Tom Paxton

Wow I needed this week. We had So much fun playing together. Everything was so relaxed. We loved everything about it. I'm so grateful that Nate was able to take time off and enjoy things with us too.  The first day it was raining cats and dogs so we tried out this fun place called Gatti-town out in Misourri City/Sugar Land, and we had a really fun time playing old arcade games, miniature golf and eating a pizza buffet. Much better in my opinion than Chuck-E- you know what. :) It was at this point in our trip that I wasn't sure I'd make it for a whole week sitting in the middle front seat... :) (Don't worry, I did make it. )  Our crown Victoria may not be the prettiest thing on the block, but having six seat belts is definitely a plus. I just wish Aria was old enough to sit in the front... :) Her bum's a lot smaller than mine.

Sunday we got to reunite with some old friends. I'm accompanying our Stake Choir Easter Fireside and they've been practicing since January.  A lot of people at the Stake Choir are people that Nate's parents knew 25 years ago. We met them for dinner on Thursday and had a really good time with them. These are what people in Texas are to me. So friendly, loving, kind. Southern accents. I appreciate it so much coming from a city that was completely shut off to personal relationships with other people. Aren't they cute? I especially love Jeff's face.
 Their friend gave them these adorable little Texas cookie cutters and a Texas mug. Both are PERFECT gifts for my in-laws. They probably didn't realize just how perfect. :) .

Monday we went to the ZOO!! Jeff's birthday gift from Grandpa and Grandma. Now he can go all year. It will be so awesome to have something to do with my wonderful Jeff when Aria will be at all day Kindergarten. I'm sure going to miss her, but having something fun like that to do will sure make it go by quicker. We had to park quite a ways a way from the zoo due to Spring break parking craziness downtown, but we got to walk by Trey's old stomping grounds and we just had to take a picture.
 Aria loves Merry-go-rounds. She could ride this all day, I'm sure.
 Jeff looking at the monkeys, or chimps, or whatever the politically correct term is.
 This was one of my favorite moments... Jeff running to Grandpa. Just look at that face....
 And Jeff running to Dad... Seriously awesome faces! Pure joy. He's so cute. I just adore him. He went back and forth several times. Now honestly, this is somewhat of a miracle for him, because he doesn't really love other people. Luckily Jeff warmed up pretty quickly due to a little prep from Mom via the awesome books I got my kids for church! Yay!
 The Lions... I'm glad people don't stand there and watch me when I'm relaxed like this. He was gettin' foxy with the lady lion too. hmmm. Is Simba coming soon?
 Turtles! These were really cool to watch too. I have to admit though, that my favorite were the otters. I swear I had a video of Jeff's reaction to the sea otters, but I can't find it... at least we get to go back!
 Looking at Rhinos... I'm mostly just really glad that Nate got to be here with us.
Hopefully we can all go again!
What's your favorite animal?... 

Comments

Sarah said…
Alex loves the Hippos and the alligators. Looks like you had a lot of fun! I wish we lived closer! Our boys would have so much fun together.

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...