Skip to main content

NASA and 29

 Nate turned the age he's going to be for the rest of his life. According to my Dad my Mom will always be 29. (Ask him, I promise that's what he'll say. That or a dollar three eighty. I know, really, he thinks he's so cool.)  I'll tell you what though, Nate's love language is good food because that's what his Mom does and he LOVES it. Usually I'm in the kitchen for a couple hours at least on his birthday and this year, I didn't even do dishes. (see earlier post.) haha. I think he had a good time.
Things I love about Nate:
*He works so hard
*He is the perfect example of selflessness. He never worries about getting what he wants only making sure that the rest of us are happy.
*He has great confidence
*He has a beautiful voice.
*He is looking more and more distinguished every day, (thanks to stress.) and I think that makes him look more and more handsome than ever.
*No one can play with our kids like he can. He has a creative and active imagination that runs wild.
*He is my best friend. I trust him with everything. I know I can confide in him my deepest sorrows and my greatest joys and that it will just be ours to share. I cherish every day I have with this man.
*I'm definitely 'lucky' to have him in my life. I swear... next year, the cake will NOT be green. :) haha.
 
 We went to the space museum followed by some Joe's Barbeque. It's not every day that you can see a rocket garden and a bunch of taxidermy animals all in one trip. 
 I have to admit the size of this rocket is pretty phenomenal. I'm sad we came when there were so many people, because we didn't get to enjoy as much as we should have. I was bummed that we only got to do part of the tour. Again... never again will we go out at spring break. Outside the rocket garden there were these beautiful fields. They were just loving it. So pretty.
 Some of them had bluebonnets
 I decided that if I ever do pictures professionally, this is one of the best places to do portraits. Just look at those catch lights and nice even lighting... it's one of those trolley things with a shade on top.
 Aria's a little distorted, but she actually gave me somewhat of a real smile...
 Getting ready for the tour... mostly just really glad to sit down... haha.
 While we were in the area we got to stop at their old apartment, it's about a half mile from NASA. Had to take another classic picture. I didn't have her pose quite right because I couldn't remember the picture, but it still turned out pretty cute. Crazy how much people and places change over the years. It's fun to compare. One is Rachel (Nate's sister... ) the other is Aria.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...