Skip to main content

Enjoying every last moment with my kids & a blessing

The first Sunday in August we went to go visit my cousin Megan and Alex and be there for the blessing of their baby Clara LaRee. We felt really blessed to be a part of their special day. I hope it wasn't too awkward for them, and I know Nate loved being able to participate in the blessing. They have been so kind regarding Evie. I'm grateful to have them both.
While we were there, the kids went out and sat on this bench while we were waiting for the main event in picture taking. They were so cute and so perfect for each other. I just love everything about them.
Here's the new family. They are seriously going to be the best parents. I'm really happy for them and their new baby.
I was grateful they let me hold her and love on her. She is a really sweet little baby.
On Saturday we went to this famous bbq spot in town. It's a food truck. Which in August means... H.O.T. Next time I vote we do take-out. :) or rather 'take-in'.

I love pull-back shots. So fun.
Jeff's basketball team won the championship! Jeff was SOOOO happy!Champions for his first go around. This is how Jeff shows joy. #ipromisehesglowingontheinside #thinkshesthegoodluckcharm #awardforhandsinpocketswhilerunningskills #helovedit #1 #myjeffyboy #siennaplantation


A fellow dog lover invited us over to MAKE dog treats. The kids had a lot of fun and it was nice to have something fun to do.

2 of my favorite girls in the whole world. Hazel thinks she's a human. She climbs up in this chair every time we have dinner. We should probably tell her she can't do it, but she's my baby now. and totally a part of our family.
Yep, I'm a dog person.
 
To me, this is the thing that dog dreams are made of. Me teaching my daughter piano lessons with our puppy sleeping beneath our feet.
Jeff is so creative. I love him for it.


We began our Evie project in August. I'd been looking for a way to honor our little Evie and sort of give to her in a way that is meaningful. I decided to do little random acts of service. At that time, I planned to take flowers to a friend, a neighbor, or even just an acquaintance in an effort to brighten their day. I also plan to do a bigger service project on her birthday, June 7. We're calling it the Evie project.

I wanted to document these acts of service in an effort to show my gratitude for the things that serving brings me and others. And to also show gratitude for the small things that people do for me. I have started an instagram account in honor of her and will be posting things there for her. If you'd like to follow it the account name is @evielaree. If you'd like to tell me about something you did thinking of her... I'd love to post about it. I think it could be a really neat way to look for ways to serve and become aware of new ways to serve.

This was one of the first ways we did some service. We took some flowers over to a neighbor that we hadn't met yet. They are from Russia and when we left, he gave us these three cute little nesting dolls. To me they look like each of my kids. So grateful for this beautiful tender mercy. #myjeffyboy #lilmissaria #evielaree

We cashed in our reading prizes from the library. Houston has the best reading program ever. Free chipotle kids meals.

When Evie died I wasn't sure what to do with her room. Should I finish the plan I had for the walls? Should I leave the biggest bedroom in our house empty? I think it would hurt too much and maybe be a little morbid to make it her shrine.... But I think we found a happy medium... Thanks to this man we've now finished the walls. So grateful he helps me with my visions. #iamsoblessed #myn8manishandsome #n8man #herringbone #eviesretreat I hope this room will provide a place for peace and joy and inspiration and fun.

 
When you had beach and unlimited swimming planned for your last week before school starts and it literally rains on your parade. You try out a winter sport instead. #iceskating #theyweresoexcited #manybruiseslater #momwasright #painful #notworthit Just call me a party pooper!
 
 
 
 
 
Louisiana had some major flooding in August. in Baton Rouge. All of Houston stakes were invited to go help demo some of the homes there. It's crazy to think that nate and his group of 5 were only able to get 2 houses down in the two days they were there. The amount of destruction was just breathtaking. So sad to see so much destroyed by water.

Beach day with my babies #hazelsfirsttime #lilmissaria #myjeffyboy #evielaree #backtoschool

Hazel was surprisingly helpful at the beach. #sandcastlewar #wwi #lilmissaria #russians #myjeffyboy #austrians #n8man #germans #ibuiltadobehomes #notsurehowtogetthoseintowwihistory #lookoutcrabs


The kids -Diving attempts. This totally shows how they feel about the water. Aria is cautious and not as confident. Jeff is energetic and confident. Ironically, this is the only place where they assume these roles. Otherwise, it's the opposite. #ariadoesnotlikewateruphernose #notsurehowshegetswateruphernosewhilediving #lilmissaria #allarmsandlegs #hethinkshisribsaremuscles #wishicouldseethosemusclesonme #myjeffyboy
I instituted a new tradition for our family. We did a back to school dinner. We ate on fancy dishes, lit candles, fancy drinks/straws and only food that the kids like. They also made their own desserts.


I've been making a more concerted effort to be there for my kids. To be present. Give my kids some happy memories to take with them. Without Evie here at this back to school time I had more than enough energy to put into this happy dinner. #yumyum have heart to heart talks with them. Play games, all sorts. Cook with them. We loved this dinner together. #iknoweviewouldwantmeto #lovethem #evielaree #iwentaboveandbeyondforadinner #evieproject
 Our first ever back to school feast was a huge success. The kids loved it and I did too. We made a fancy meal (kid-friendly). Talked about our joys and concerns with school starting and decided on a theme for the year. #moreonthatlater
 
Menu this year: 
Three cheese macaroni 
Apple cranberry and pecan salad 
Buttered breadsticks with farm strawberry preserves 
Watermelon 
Chocolate pudding pie
#mightaswellbethanksgiving #crystalglasses #candlelight #myjeffyboy #lilmissaria #fathersblessings #ihaveamazingspiritsinmyhome

I love my family. so much. Sunday selfies #crv #beachysunburn #wethairdontcare #lilmissaria #myjeffyboy #n8man
The theme for this year is "Thee lift me and I'll lift thee and we'll ascend together."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...