Skip to main content

Something Better

In September I got this crazy idea that I could do my own school pictures and actually sell them. I still may do it but this was basically my little experiment with Aria. Nothing ever came of it, but it may yet still. One lucky thing is that I ended up with these cute little pictures of her.


I started learning how to give Hazel a haircut. I still have work to do, but she's so cute no matter what happens to her. So lucky to have #hazelmae this September. She kept me company when I needed her most. Even though she wasn't everything, she helped. #hazelhelps
We finished the wall in Evie's room and hung her curtains. It's still pretty much like this 6 months later, but I have plans. Big plans. :) I love the way it turned out.
Pretty sure I'm the luckiest gal at church. #mynewpeeps #theygavememeasles #isharedsomechocolate #wehelpedourfriendstoday #werefilledthepapertowels #evieproject #takingturns #sharing #candyland #igetendlesshugsandkissesfromallofthem #jesuswantsmeforasunbeam #freshstart #oneofthemshouted "selfie!" #haha #lovethem

Nate dealt with his grief by painting and building. Mostly our walls. Now I just need to get him making plans for the shelves in our closet. I love little Hazel in this picture.
We had a fun little adventure to the beach on labor day. Beach days are so fun, but they're even better with friends. We have really started to make some good friends here and I'm so glad for it.
I prayed every day since Evie's death that my kids would get good teachers. If God expected my children to be away from me during the day, they had better be with someone who could love them like I do.
This was the month I really started in hard with the Evieproject. It still is evolving and it wasn't public at first, but I have felt so blessed in the way that people lifted me that I felt this incredible desire to pay it forward. I started with taking flowers to people. Here's the story:
My friend had a near drowning experience with her son last weekend. She turned her back for two seconds... His floaties came off, and the next thing she knew her daughter was bringing him to the side of the pool, he was blue. She never imagined having to do chest compressions on her 2 year old. They stayed overnight in the hospital and thankfully everything is OK. But she seemed pretty shaken by it so I thought she could use a little gift from #evielaree #everybodylovesflowers #doingitforevie On the way to her house I couldn't help but feel so grateful. Everytime I see those streaks of light in the sky I think that she's watching down on me right then. It brings me great comfort to think of her light that way. If it's true then I just got a picture of all three of my kids. #theyareagift #lilmissaria #myjeffyboy When I came to the door she returned my flowers with a necklace for me, for Eve. I mentioned that I liked the one she had for herself and asked her where she got it. She told me cheerfully. Turns out she went ahead and ordered it for me anyway and wrapped it in a beautiful box. #sograteful #soblessed #evieproject


I went away for a little getaway with my siblings. I needed a reason to come see my family. I was missing them a lot dealing with such a loss and being so far away.
Gavin Degraw and Andy Grammer concert with Wrabel opening #musicianshaveallthecrazies #buttheseoneshavegoodvibescrazies #happilymarried #radmallgirlsweekend #andjared #ourbodyguard #quads #thecomplexslc #andyhadthebettershow #ilikegavinssongsbetterstill
So my kids and my husband took care of things at home.
"I know that in my weakness I am strong, but
It’s your love that brings me home 

Brother, let me be your shelter
Never leave you all alone
I can be the one you call

Wearing the bracelets I haven't stopped wearing since her death.
"Maybe it's all part of finding
Our heaven
Even if it breaks your heart
Even if it tears your world apart
Still you keep holding on
If something's worth saving
All of our hopes and fears
They may get tangled but love's sincere
So we keep holding on
To something worth saving"
Love this new one by#gavindegraw #somethingworthsaving #standingroomonly #musicfeedsthesoul

Glad the rain finally cleared enough to brave a hike in the mountains. But luckily it left a beautiful coating of snow at the top of the mountains. #theparentsdestination #steepclimb #bellscanyonfalls #makeitbackforthebyugame? #whoops #puzzlepictureperfect

I found the mountains so so healing and the fresh air invigorating. I was a little out of shape for this little hike but I'm so glad we did it. I never regret getting to the top.
Thanks to the guy who passed us with the GPS, we got motivated to make it all the way up the mountain to see these pretty falls. #lowerfalls #gorgeous #itfeltlikeupperfalls #outhikedbythepregnantone #girlsweekend #jaredisthebodyguard #ilovethemountains

It really was so so beautiful.
"You can have what you want, or you can have something better." - Jeffrey R. Holland
#ourhardshipshaveeternalpurpose #littlecottonwoodcanyon #tendermercies #evielaree #donaldlhallstrom #nofilter




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

band wagon

To better suit my purposes, I have decided to make this more of a journal. That's what it is anyway, but I see no reason to allow random people to see it. I am going *private* Please leave your email if you are even a casual observer at the happenings in the Pettit household. You are welcome any time. The change will happen one month from today. 

overwhelmed, excited and bummed

Had an ultrasound yesterday of my already adorable and chubby baby boy. I really just want to squeeze his cheeks. and I think I'm ready to squeeze his cheeks tomorrow. Because he was being so good during the ultrasound, the sonographer wanted to practice some 4d pictures with our baby. Hooray for free! He definitely looks like a sibling. We're so excited to meet this little guy. However in this ultrasound we found out our baby weighs about 10 lbs. right now. I knew he was big, but I was a little overwhelmed at his size. Because of my previous situation, my doctor said that it is now pretty much impossible to try a VBAC. I have to admit that I'm a little bummed. For my own sake I wanted to list some pros and cons pros: A scheduled delivery date and time no hours and hours of labor I won't have the possibility of breaking my pelvis. Or LOTS of tearing I have a great doctor Healthy baby and a healthy mommy Cons: I won't be able to give a try at Vaginal delivery My baby...

crazy, crazy, CRAZY!

Seriously! I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off or rather with my head in the toilet. I'm finally past the 1st trimester blues... in case you had to read that sentence again... yes, we're expecting! and we're so thrilled. I'm about 16 weeks along and here's a little picture of the lima bean at 8 weeks. I'm due Feb. 28... We find out boy or girl in 3 weeks! yay! Daddy has been super busy in more ways than one. Aria would tell you 'He be on Tonga!' He had an incredible experience. Ask him about it if you get the chance. Here's a few pics of the beautiful island. And no you can't have my handsome husband. Don't worry, he's proud of his super cool glasses.... They get to host a $900 loops light that he won at a dental fair. Yay for winning something super awesome! I'm used to seeing the red rock natural arches and bridges... this one looks super cool too. What Nate calls the 'natural bellagio' - bl...